This is so true!
Third Culture Kid (def.) – “A term used to refer to children who were raised in a culture outside of their parents’ culture for a significant part of their developmental years.” (Wikipedia) It usually refers to people who grew up in multiple countries.
1. The question, “Where are you from?” is the most annoying, nerve-wrecking, anxiety-inducing question someone can ask you.
2. Filling out official documents that ask for things like your “permanent address” or “hometown” gives you hives.
3. The idea of losing an official document is your personal version of hell on earth because you might need to go through several countries’ bureaucratic ordeals.
4. “Home” doesn’t mean what other people think it means.
5. You either live in a constant state of culture shock or are simply immune to almost all of it.
6. You know the greetings in too many languages to…
View original post 471 more words